Bristol Myers Squibb: Associate Director, Commercial Procurement, US Market Site Support in New Jersey, US
Producers & Procurers iQ brings you a snapshot of some of the best jobs in the world of advertising and marketing implementation. If your organisation is recruiting let us know.
If your organisation is hiring, let us know at email@example.com
Associate Director, Commercial Procurement
This role will advise and support the Market Lead and cross-functional teams regarding the application and integration of procurement activities including sourcing, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing to ensure that all projects deliver maximum value for the business.
It is necessary for this individual to understand the product lifecycle process, impact on the organization (both short and long term) and have knowledge of the global value chain to provide strategic industry insights and identify potential opportunities that ultimately lead to a BMS competitive advantage.
To find out more visit…..
Assist in development of market/local-specific strategies that maximize corporate, business, and functional priorities and objectives
- Understand market nuances to effectively develop, implement and drive the regional, and local Procurement strategy, policies and processes
- Establish clear roles and responsibilities between regional / local resources to avoid double workload and ensure “one-face” to the business
- Encourage cross-market and cross-functional collaboration to take advantage of synergies through effective business partnering and stakeholder management
Ensure excellence in delivery of procurement initiatives that take advantage of cross-functional business synergies
- Ensure planned cost savings in market based on category management strategies and compliance plans
- Ensure key agreements and contracts are reviewed to protect and advance the company’s interest
- Advise and support cross-functional teams regarding the application and integration of procurement activities including sourcing, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing to ensure that all projects deliver maximum value for the business
Develop and manage business partner relationships with market (regional / local) leaders and functional business partners
- Ensure business partners are satisfied with the overall Procurement relationship
- Develop collaborative relationships with business partners in order to leverage knowledge, spend and procurement effectiveness
- Drive co-ownership of initiatives and accountability based on agreed upon strategies
- Develop and implement metrics and reporting mechanisms
Drive and ensure collaborative relationships with suppliers, in order to leverage knowledge, spend and procurement effectiveness
- Oversee the rationalization and selection of suppliers that meet market / local requirements at the optimal total cost
- Ensure preferred suppliers exist for each category of spend and manage compliance
- Identify, build, and maintain mutually beneficial relationships, partnerships, and alliances with select suppliers
Continuously improve procurement capabilities at the market/local level
- Support and engage in the implementation of work processes and practices to optimize staff engagement and effectiveness
- Support use of external research, benchmarking, and involvement in professional networks as a means of strengthening capabilities via the adoption of procurement profession best practices
Click here to read the full specification