Diageo: Procurement Market Category Manager – Marketing in Korea & Japan
Producers & Procurers iQ brings you a snapshot of some of the best jobs in the world of advertising and marketing implementation. If your organisation is recruiting let us know.
If your organisation is hiring, let us know at email@example.com
Procurement Market Category Manager
This role forms part of the APAC Marketing COE and is responsible for supporting the APAC A&P Category Strategies and deliverables within the Northern Asia markets (Korea & Japan). A&P is a critical investment in fuelling commercial growth in the region, driving both operating margin improvement and competitive advantage for Diageo.
This is an individual contributor role which reports into the Market Category Director for Markets – APAC (based in Singapore), who in turn reports into Marketing Market Category Director for APAC.
To find out more visit….
- An experienced Procurement Category Manager with a positive and collaborative mindset, and the capability to establish and build internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Category expertise across Marketing categories
- Can do broad strategic thinking as well as detailed hands-on execution
- Highly resilient and energised by challenges and comfortable operating in a dynamic, agile business environment
- Seasoned in best-in-class category management and sourcing process with a passion for delivering value and efficiencies
- Future-focused mindset, showing curiosity about industry trends, digital solutions and innovation for consumers and translating opportunities into strategic outcomes
- Highly organised multi-tasker that is skilled at prioritisation and delivering both independently and through collaboration across the team
- Clear communicator and able to effectively engage audiences to secure outcomes
- Organizational agility, influencing stakeholders and interacting effectively with commercial leaders based on a deep understanding of business priorities
- Results-driven and holds themselves accountable to deliver at a very high standard, delivering on promises and commitments
- Self-driven and able to work with autonomy requiring only light-touch senior support
- Develop strong relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders as a trusted and respected business partner
- Deliver financial and non-financial KPI’s which include risk and governance, societal and sustainability targets (i.e. develop a Strategic Roadmap to contribute to Diageo’s Society of Progress 2030 ambition)
- Jointly set objectives with stakeholders, undertake business reviews to reflect achievements against established KPI’s, analyse performance, actively manage continuous performance and identify with the business any relevant action plans
- Embed best in class procurement category excellence capability and process, i.e. sourcing, contract management, risk and supplier performance management, as well as supporting the introduction of supplier collaboration models with strategic suppliers
- Effectively convey market demand to relevant category leads to enable clear and up to date understanding of market objectives, priorities, challenges and opportunities, in addition to relevant inputs into category strategy development
- Drive the execution of the long-term category strategies (Marketing) in alignment with the appropriate stakeholders and in conjunction with the global/regional category leads
- Input into Marketing ways of working with the business to help remove barriers and pain points, drive simplification and enable bolder team outcomes
- Demonstrate personal accountability for great performance and brilliant execution, whilst promoting high standards of ethics and compliance
Click here to read the full specification