Harmer: Category Lead, Marketing Procurement in Illinois, US
Producers & Procurers iQ brings you a snapshot of some of the best jobs in the world of advertising and marketing implementation. If your organisation is recruiting let us know.
If your organisation is hiring, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category Lead, Marketing Procurement
Marketing Procurement Category Lead position is responsible for the global Customers Solutions category within Marketing Procurement (may include, but not limited to Print, Promotional, Fulfillment, Call Centers, Coupons categories) and business management in the core job responsibilities identified below. Works in close collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders, regions, divisions and the other Category Managers on the team driving value, quality, feasibility while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. Provides superior levels of customer service and satisfaction.
This position will work on the category strategy, specific workstreams related to digital and potentially other marketing sub-categories, definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems. Proactively seeks and leads innovative ways to improve the marketing procurement processes, cycle times, and customer service levels. Additional opportunities for development and increased responsibility across categories will be made available.
To find out more visit…..
- Responsible for managing the Customer Solutions Procurement Category. Current scope of responsibilities is global and includes over $150MM-$250MM of Marketing/Advertising spend.
- Understands business requirements and challenges; including priorities, must win battles and key value drivers. Transforms this understanding into solutions and the category sourcing strategies
- Confirms business objectives, challenges, projects, requirements and expectations and translates into category strategic planning processes and solutions
- Provide the business compelling category and sourcing insights to contribute to business strategies
- Drives Value Creation: Identifies specific cost improvement opportunities and presents them to the marketing leadership for prioritization, resourcing and implementation; aligns with regional teams on the implementation plans and drives execution and adherence to the strategy
- Own and measure cost improvement targets and projects. Report out to the key business stakeholders as appropriate
- Enable supplier evaluation processes and KPIs definition and monitoring
- Research supply base and industry / marketplace
- Conduct analysis on industry, regional and divisional requirements and suppliers
- Lead the development of benchmarks globally and understand marketing category industry dynamics through agencies capabilities sessions, attendance of industry related workshops, reading publications and discussions with other industry peers in order to bring best practices
- Guide stakeholders (internal and external) on how to structure and implement RFQs/RFIs/RFPs to obtain best-in-class supplier capabilities
- Lead complex RFQs/RFIs/RFPs
Click here to read the full specification