Sign up here for the latest articles
Producers & Procurers iQ brings you a snapshot of some of the best jobs in the world of advertising and marketing implementation. If your organisation is recruiting let us know.
If your organisation is hiring, let us know at email@example.com
Group Account Director
The Group Account Director will manage a portfolio of major pharmaceutical accounts, strategizing and leading initiatives from start to finish in a team environment. The Group Director is responsible for the client relationship and relationships with key partner agencies, functioning as primary liaison between client, partner agencies, team members and all departments to determine project and account requirements in support of client’s positioning, branding and budgetary needs. This role is a hybrid position and will require some travel to client offices and to meet with the team located in our Chicago office.
•Global experience is required.
• Work directly with senior clients in New York, Jersey City, Philadelphia, Chicago and other key locations including CMOs, EVPs, VPs and their direct reports on a regular basis
• Ability to profitably manage and grow a portfolio of large, multi-million-dollar accounts
• Possess strong leadership abilities (motivate, pitch in when needed, wear many hats, etc.)
• Responsible for strategically guiding the client and partner agencies in solving complex marketing and digital production problems to deliver against marketing goals and objectives
• Experience with common digital technologies and platforms, as well as current design and development practices within an agency environment
• Collaborate extremely well with project management, creative and technology team members whether they are at agency or partner agencies
• Ability to work with clients, project management and discipline teams to effectively define project scope and deliver effectively
• Ability to develop team members by coaching, training and identifying areas for growth. Must be skilled at offering direct and consistent feedback and encourage your team to continually learn
• Have strong communication and follow through with both face-to-face contact and long -distance with the client, partners and the internal team, both oral and written
• Proven ability to negotiate complex multi-phased engagement contracts
• Experience with financial and budgetary issues including revenue and staffing plans
• Keeps abreast and up to date on industry and market trends
• Ability to prepare and present effective and engaging new business pitches and proposals
• Organizational mastermind to manage many moving parts