Petco: Procurement Director in California, US
Producers & Procurers iQ brings you a snapshot of some of the best jobs in the world of advertising and marketing implementation. If your organisation is recruiting let us know.
If your organisation is hiring, let us know at email@example.com
Procurement Director – Marketing/Finance/HR/Corporate Functions
In this highly visible and impactful role, you will lead the development of short and long-term procurement plans and policies for business-critical Marketing procurement to support Petco’s growth. You will partner and consult with our Executive team to be an advisor on all new and innovative ways we can further transform Marketing at Petco through the lens of Procurement. You will work with a multi-million-dollar spend with enterprise vendors for all Marketing procurement initiatives to achieve efficiency and efficacy in making critical Marketing procurement decisions that have a positive impact on ROI and financial optimization. You will develop strategies for key subject areas, including digital, agencies, and new marketing technology. You will get to share your expertise about new, transformative, and innovative ways to handle new initiatives through new and exciting vendors while evaluating existing vendors. A big plus would be familiarity with other business areas like HR and Finance.
To find out more visit…..
- Leads the development of short- and long-term procurement strategies, plans and policies for assigned areas to support company goals. Activities include: (a) participating with the senior management team to establish strategic plans and objectives based on company goals; (b) leading the research, evaluation, development and implementation of procurement policies, guidelines, procedures, methods and techniques; and (c) developing emergency and/or contingency procurement plans. (40%)
- Engages in contract negotiations with vendors. Activities include: (a) researching and anticipating shifts in negotiating power of vendors; (b) analyzing and calculating costs of procurement; (c) suggesting methods to decrease expenditures; (d) performing cost and scenario analyses and benchmarking studies; (e) estimating risks and applying risk minimizing techniques; and (f) securing profitable deals. (30%)
- Leads the monitoring of market dynamics that impact materials or services availability and/or pricing. Leads the partnering with internal clients to identify procure and/or sourcing needs, developing buyer or market profiles, identifying marketplace trends, and defining acceptable service levels. (10%)
- Travels to domestic and foreign locations to attend meetings and establish and/or maintain relationships with vendors, employees, customers, investors and others. (10%)
- Provides supervision to assigned staff: includes activities such as hiring, counseling, guiding, training and delivery of disciplinary processes as required. (10%)