Sage: Global Category Manager – Marketing in London, UK
Producers & Procurers iQ brings you a snapshot of some of the best jobs in the world of advertising and marketing implementation. If your organisation is recruiting let us know.
If your organisation is hiring, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Category Manager – Marketing
Sage Procurement provides strategic sourcing advice for spend across the categories of Marketing, IT & Product and Corporate & Customer. As a member of this team, the Global Category Manager is accountable for the leadership of specific, Marketing spend sub-categories across the Sage Group, which may include media, creative agencies, marketing technology or market research.
The Global Category Manager will regularly engage with and influence senior internal marketing stakeholders up to and including VP and EVP level. The Global Category Manager will also be responsible for the deployment of marketing sourcing strategies, including leading all RFP activities for their category and all supplier negotiations – both commercially and contractually – to ensure that savings targets are met, risk is understood and managed, and supplier performance meets or exceeds business needs. The Global Category Manager will keep all internal stakeholders engaged, ensure buy-in and conclude competitive terms with selected suppliers in line with company governance.
To find out more visit…..
• Spend accountability up to £50m per annum
• Accountable for the development of category strategies that:
o Align with the overall company strategy
o Ensure that Sage secures the optimal supplier base to meet long term business needs
o Secure buy-in of key stakeholders in formulating these strategies
o Ensure relevant market trends are understood by the business stakeholders and integrated into each category strategy
o Ensure sustainability is incorporated and shapes the strategy for the relevant marketing categories
• Accountable for ensuring the strategy is deployed & adhered to in all countries and regions by
o Communicating the category strategy through the appropriate chain of command including to regional procurement teams
o Driving strategy implementation through education, selling, and influencing of the benefits to the wider business
o Advise others on appropriate market approaches, including approaches other than tendering, to include direct negotiation, competitive dialogue and supplier development
o Deployment of the agreed sourcing approach
o Establishing appropriate controls and metrics to ensure sourcing strategies and actions are aligned to the category strategy
• Experienced in reading and interpreting terms and conditions and applying significance to terms which vary from the organisation’s default position
• Negotiate and execute Master Service Agreements and Statements of Work in accordance with the overarching category strategies developed
• Implementing supplier performance and relationship management to ensure improved and sustained supplier performance
• Thorough understanding of all relevant procedures and policies including Procurement Lifecycle Policy, Delegation of Authority, Delegation of Signing Authority, and associated documentation. Ensures stakeholders are aware of and fulfil their obligations