Sky: Senior Procurement Manager – Marketing (Creative Services & Production) in London UK
Producers & Procurers iQ brings you a snapshot of some of the best jobs in the world of advertising and marketing implementation. If your organisation is recruiting let us know.
If your organisation is hiring, let us know at email@example.com
Senior Procurement Manager – Marketing (Creative Services & Production)
As a Senior Procurement Manager you will be creating and leading the strategic sourcing direction within Sky’s Group Procurement function which operates across Sky Group, and interacts with Comcast and NBCU. The role will involve managing a team and partnering with the marketing teams in Sky and other functions such as Finance and Legal.
What you’ll do:
Be a leader in delivering Procurement’s objectives
- Work with and report to the Head of Marketing Procurement to deliver against Group Procurement objectives across the Sky Group, Comcast and NBCU.
- Own a large category spend, develop spend strategies together with stakeholders, lead execution and be accountable for results.
- Maintain Senior-level stakeholder relationships, with appropriate regular communication, ensuring clear understanding and alignment between their strategic technology plans and Procurement’s direction.
- Provide strategic commercial input to a broad range of initiatives, including Sky-wide cost-saving programmes
- Demonstrating a flexible approach to driving financial and non-financial benefits to all business areas
- Have an in-depth understanding of the factors and challenges faced in the Marketing industry and be able to use this knowledge to introduce innovation and challenge current business processes.
- Be capable of evaluating all options against all relevant factors i.e. technical, commercial, logistical, risk etc and recommending the best option to the business
- Proactive investigation and value-driven expansion of Procurement involvement in Marketing categories.
- Help develop and deliver procurement initiatives and best practice, including support for the wider Group procurement vision.
- Act as role model to team in line with Sky’s behaviours
To find out more visit…..
Partner with our stakeholders
- Be able to build, maintain and influence senior stakeholder relationships ensuring clear alignment between strategic business plans and Procurement’s direction.
- Be able to work closely with procurement and business colleagues across the wider Group, including teams in Italy and Germany.
- Work closely and proactively with senior business leaders to identify new savings opportunities and drive meaningful multi-year efficiencies across spend managed.
- Through liaising with the appropriate business areas, lead negotiations with key strategic suppliers driving the most benefit to Sky.
- In collaboration with business stakeholders, lead on major supplier negotiations demonstrating an in-depth understanding of key business drivers
- Manages relationships across multiple business units including Comcast and NBCU
What you’ll bring:
- Proven Procurement experience in Marketing related category areas and the wider competitive context within which the Sky business operates
- Able to handle deals and negotiations of increased complexity, with support by more senior procurement leaders. Start to manage spend areas as opposed to individual deals
- Manages larger amounts of spend through deals negotiated, support spend strategy development
- Works with stakeholders, and is able to do so within multiple business units within one of the three Comcast entities (Comcast, NBCU, Sky)
- Defines process for most situations. Identifies improvement
- Resolves simpler issues with good decisions
- Contributes to all components of category strategy & execution
- Defines and executes analysis, leveraging company strategy
- Adapts style to communicate & influence across multiple levels
- Manages smaller/simpler supplier stakeholders and contributes to larger/complex suppliers
- Role models Empowerment, Teamwork, Feedback and Development, Collaboration, Execution, Commitment to Highest levels of Integrity and Ethics, & coaches team
- Leads and manages larger/complex projects
- Experience of working with Creative Services and Production categories.
- Experience of working for a broadcaster/media company.
- Experience of working in a global / pan-European function, being able to manage varying demands and needs within a single project
- Team matrix management experience
Click here to read the full specification